Our Progress – We’re almost there!
Beards for Bella was first held in 2016 when Bella was preparing for her third “planned” open heart surgery to complete the repair of her heart defect. 20 volunteers signed up to grow their “Beards for Bella” for 5 months! Through their efforts we were able to raise over $14,000 and even more amazing was the amount of people we connected with throughout this event.
Throughout Beards for Bella “Take 2” we are hopeful we can make an even larger impact on our Heart Community. We are teaming up with The Mayo Clinic to connect HLHS families and support the work they are doing to provide options for children and adults living with HLHS. More information will be provided on the current trials and treatments their team has achieved and the exciting treatments they are working on.
CALLING ALL BEARDS…JOIN US!
- Dates: November 30, 2020 through May 15, 2021
- All Contestants must be registered by November 30, 2020 through The Beards For Bella Sign Up Form Page
- All Contestants must be CLEAN SHAVEN on November 30, 2020
- A Contestants must have their clean shaven picture submitted ON November 30, 2020 through www.beatsforbella.org event page
- There will be scheduled dates for picture submissions to track progress of the contestants (All contestants will be notified of these dates via email once registration closes on November 30, 2020)
- All “Progress” Pictures must be submitted through The Beards For Bella Sign Up Form Page (use the Existing Contestant to upload pictures). HAVE FUN WITH YOUR PICTURES!
- All beards will be measured on May 15, 2021 at the Beats for Bella Annual Golf Outing prior to the golfers teeing off. The Winner will be announced at the Golf Outing Banquet that evening.
- Measurements will be taken from chin down.
- Sponsors can donate an unlimited amount of money to each and any contestant.
- Prizes will be awarded to:
- Longest Beard (and the Top 10 Sponsors of the Longest Beard)
- Top Fundraising Beard throughout the contest